Monday, January 19, 2015

Princess Leia and Darth Vader Got Married

My cousin's son was married this past weekend; the theme of the wedding was Star Wars and 1940's Glamour. As it was a second marriage for both the bride and the groom, I knew a toaster wouldn't cut it as a gift, and I wanted to make something special for them. Keeping in mind that the cake topper was Darth Vader and Princess Leia, I started thinking of ideas. With a little Pinspiration I came up with these designs for pillows. While I drew the template for Princess Leia, The Commander drew Darth Vader. I used duck canvas for the pillow coverings and wool felt for the designs that I stitched on by machine. A little silver rickrack completed his facemask.

I was relieved and happy to hear from the newlyweds that they love the pillows. I've never seen a Star Wars movie (and am just fine with that)...I guess the force was with me!


1 comment:

  1. Ah. So that's what the duck canvas was for. These are FANTASTIC. Well done, FG!

    ReplyDelete